Terms and Conditions
1. It is understood that Christine Westphal of NoLa West Photography, LLC is the exclusive, official photographer retained to perform the photographic services requested on this Contract.
2. The Photographer may substitute another photographer to take the photographs in the event of her illness or unforseeable conflicts in scheduling. In the event of such substitution, NoLa West Photography, LLC warrants that the photographer taking the photographs shall be a competent professional.
3. Session fees must be paid on or before the portrait session date. Preview images will not be available until the session fee has been paid in full.
4. No part of any order, including digital images, will be delivered until the order balance has been paid in full.
5. NoLa West Photography, LLC reserves the right to use images created under this contract for advertising, display, publication or other purposes. The Client signing this contract warrants that he or she has actual authority to agree to the use of the likeness of all persons included in the portrait in this manner and shall indemnify and defend NoLa West Photography, LLC in the event of litigation arising out of such use.
6. Negatives, digital files and previews remain the exclusive property of NoLa West Photograpy, LLC.
7. Upon signature, the Photographer shall reserve the time and date agreed upon.
8. All session fees and deposits are non-refundable, even if the portrait is rescheduled or canceled for any reason.
9. If, in the opinion of the Photographer, inclement weather or other adverse conditions prevent the creation of a portrait meeting the artistic standards of NoLa West Photography, LLC, the Photographer may elect to use an alternate location or to reschedule the session.
10. If NoLa West Photography, LLC cannot perform this Contract due to fire or other casualty, strike, act of God, or other cause beyond the control of the parties, or due to the Photographer’s illness or emergency, then the Photographer shall return any deposit or sitting fee to the Client but shall have no further liability with respect to the Contract. This limitation on liability shall also apply in the event that photographic materials are damaged in processing, lost through camera or media malfunction, lost in the mail, or otherwise lost or damaged without fault on the part of the Photographer. In the event that NoLa West Photography, LLC fails to perform for any other reason, NoLa West Photography, LLC shall not be liable for any amount in excess of the retail value of the Client’s order.
11. Client is aware that color dyes in photography may fade or discolor over time due to the inherent qualities of dyes, and Client releases Photographer from any liability for any claims whatsoever based upon fading or discoloration due to such inherent qualities. The Client is responsible for protecting and caring for his/her printed and/or digital products. NoLa West Photography, LLC is not responsible for any damaged products after successful delivery of said products.
12. The charges in this Contract are based on NoLa West Photography’s Standard Price List. This price list is adjusted periodically and future orders shall be charged at the prices in effect at the time when the order is placed. Sales tax of 9.75% will be added to all printed orders.
13. NOTICE OF COPYRIGHT: It is ILLEGAL to copy or reproduce negatives, digital images and printed photographs elsewhere without NoLa West Photography’s permission, in the form of a Print Release, and violators of this Federal Law will be subject to its civil and criminal penalties.
14. REGARDING DIGITAL IMAGES: Client may purchase digital imges at the rate of $20 per digital image, or $175 for all images, if and only if the Client purchases a minumum of $100 in printed products. Digital images purchased will be delivered either via web-based digital download, email or custom USB drive. If the Client looses or damages his or her digital images, NoLa West Photography will not by liable for such loss or damage and will not replace lost or damaged files. It is highly recommended, by the Photographer, that clients immediately back-up any digital files on an external drive or via online cloud storage. Digital images purchased by the Client still remain the property of NoLa West Photography, LLC and may not be altered in any way, shape of form, including but not limited to editing the overall style of image, color/contrast/exposure changes, cropping portions of the images, adding objects/persons/graphics and deleting objects/persons/graphics. Digital images purchased by the client may not be shared with other persons and may not be resold. Violators of this Federal Law will be subject to its civil and criminal penalties.
15. This Contract incorporates the entire understanding of the parties. Any modifications of this Contract must be in writing and signed by both parties.
This contract shall be goverend by the laws of the Country of the United States in the State of Louisiana and any applicable Federal Law.
I HAVE READ AND UNDERSTAND THIS AGREEMENT, INCLUDING THE TERMS AND CONDITIONS, AND AGREE TO BE BOUND BY THEM.
Please save and/or print a copy of this Contract for your records.